Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is related to keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting company. There are various groups of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a glimpse at these. Thus, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you desire to own a site, mails, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service distributed by various firms, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain stretch of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely erroneous explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would share the tasks at hand between autonomous bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web site hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a kind of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given firms offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you wish to share a big number of pics with buddies or colleagues since the solution is mostly free. You will receive a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your mail accounts. Some distributors offer site hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you want to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can set up email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have difficulty with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will allow you to have as many video files as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to run a site. To some degree, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and mail aliases, upload videos, and so on. At Incredible Names, for instance, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular content exclusively.